Introduction to APIs in Google
APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) are software programs that give developers access to computing resources and data. Companies from many different fields offer publicly available APIs so that developers can integrate specialized tools, services, or libraries with their own applications and codebase.
This lab will teach you about the architecture and basic functioning of APIs. This will be supplemented with hands-on practice, where you will configure and run Cloud Storage API methods in Google Cloud Shell. After taking this lab you will understand key principles of API communication, architecture, and authentication. You will also gain practical experience with APIs, which you can apply to future labs or projects.
In this lab, you will learn about:
- Google APIs
- API architecture
- HTTP protocol and methods
- REST (Representational State Transfer) and RESTful APIs
- API authentication services
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.